There are two ways to reset email passwords for email accounts hosted on servers with cPanel support
- After logging in to WebMail
- Through Email Manager in cPanel
After logging in to WebMail
This is helpful when you know the password, but want to update it for security reasons.
- Login to your webmail
- You will have to click on the email address (or the user icon at the top right corner of the screen) and then click on ‘Password and Security’ link to access the password change page.
- There you will need to enter the new password, confirm it and click on save to change the password
Through Email Manager in cPanel
This is helpful when you do not have the password to access webmail.
- Access cPanel and search for email
- Click on ‘Email Accounts’
- Scroll down to find the list of email accouns and click on the ‘Password’ button. Enter the new password on both the fields (‘New Password’ and ‘Password Again’) and click on save
Some custom cPanels do not show an update notice. This could get confusing if you used a really weak password and it was not updated successfully.Best option would be to use the password generator option and save the password somewhere safe